Hot UK Deals is a website I'm fairly familiar with, especially at Christmas time when I'm trying to get some great deals on gifts. I generally forget about it the rest of the year though! I remembered recently that it also has a groceries section and people often post about good food deals going on.
Not everything that will be posted will be relevant to a clean eating lifestyle of course. The majority of deals in supermarkets are for brands of course, but it's worth checking out. I've been looking at the site this week and noticed a deal for organic tinned chopped tomatoes from Asda. Looks like they're rebranding and selling off their stock at 34p a tin. Normally the cheapest organic tomatoes I can find are 80p a tin. So when my husband was off to Asda this week I asked him to look out for some and he managed to get 8 tins at that price!
So a few tips on how to use the site:
- Check in daily and see what the hot deals are. This is when people have rated that a deal is worth checking out!
- It's often worth checking through the 'new' tab as well. Sometimes people will post something that doesn't get made 'hot' but it might still be a good deal for you.
- If you're going to a certain supermarket then do a search for it and see if it will bring anything up.
- Don't forget to search places like Poundland, B&M, Home Bargains, Farmfoods and Poundstretcher if you have one near. They often have food in and may well have something 'clean'.
- Try to stay focussed and not be seduced by offers of chocolate on cheap!! Easier said than done!